Concrete Coffee Tables, Teak Furniture and Aquamarine Accent Colors Named Top Outdoor Patio Trends for Summer 2016
Floral patterns, wrought iron furniture and overly manicured yards headed out of style, according to Zillow Digs Home Trend Forecast
SEATTLE, June 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Today, Zillow Digs® announced the top outdoor living trends for 2016 and the three biggest fads to ditch from 2015. Concrete coffee tables, teak chairs or dining sets and bright, aquamarine colors are predicted to be some of the biggest outdoor trends for summer 2016, according to the latest Zillow Digs Home Trend Forecast, a one-of-a-kind report combining data from a survey of interior design experts and an analysis of popular photos on Zillow Digs.
“Clean, simple and contemporary is the vibe for outdoor living in 2016,” says Kerrie Kelly, Zillow Digs home design expert. “Anything high-maintenance, intricate or over-styled will be replaced with materials that can both withstand the elements and transition beautifully between seasons. Natural wood outdoor furniture will take center stage, but will be modernized by concrete or stainless steel accent materials, which will pop up in anything from chair legs to coffee table tops.”
Top Three Outdoor Patio Trends for 2016:
- The “New” Concrete
- Typically mixed with fiberglass and resin for a softer look, designers predict elements of concrete to show up in anything from coffee tables to tastefully stamped concrete patio floors. While this may seem like a surprising trend to some, experts say homeowners will gravitate towards the material’s sleek, contemporary vibe and all-weather functionality.
- Teak Furniture
- From Adirondack chairs to modern platform seating, furniture made from teak or other natural wood will take outdoor living by storm. For a fresh modern twist, design experts predict teak furniture to often include elements of stainless steel or concrete.
- Aquamarine will be the most popular statement color for summer 2016. From throw pillows to umbrellas, expect to see this vibrant marine hue popping up in a variety of materials and textures this season. Aquamarine is versatile and adds warmth and interest to any space. It also pairs seamlessly with slate gray and natural wood textures.
Conversely, Three Fads to Forget:
- Wrought iron furniture: Ornate patio sets are headed out of style, as summer 2016 is all about simplicity and clean lines. Instead, homeowners will gravitate towards more modern furniture adorned with plush pillows and throw blankets for a stylish, yet comfortable vibe.
- High-maintenance lawns: This season homeowners will move away from designing outdoor spaces that require expensive, year-round maintenance. Instead they will spend their time and energy creating a comfortable, curated outdoor living space that feels like an extension of their home.
- Floral patterns: Intricate patterns, especially florals are overdone and quickly fading out of style. Instead, designers predict a rise in solid, yet vibrant colors like tangerine and aquamarine to take center stage.
Zillow Digs® is a hub for home improvement and design inspiration. Users can browse more than three million photos of interiors and exteriors of real homes, organized by space, style, cost and color. Product tags allow users to easily locate similar products and accessories as seen in their favorite photos, and patent-pending Digs® Estimates help people understand what it would cost to recreate the actual bathrooms and kitchens they are viewing. In addition, Zillow Digs users can collect images, share favorites and follow others for inspiration, from the Zillow Digs App for iPhone® and iPad®, or on the Web.
Zillow® is the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help. Zillow serves the full lifecycle of owning and living in a home: buying, selling, renting, financing, remodeling and more. In addition to Zillow.com®, Zillow operates the most popular suite of mobile real estate apps, with more than two dozen apps across all major platforms. Launched in 2006, Zillow is owned and operated by Zillow Group (NASDAQ: Z and ZG) and headquartered in Seattle.
Zillow Digs, Zillow, Digs and Zillow.com are registered trademarks of Zillow, Inc.
iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
SOURCE Zillow, Inc.
For further information: Alexa Fiander, Zillow, email@example.com
Notice: The information on this page may not be current. The http://zillow.mediaroom.com archive is a collection of content previously published. The archive pages are not updated and may no longer be accurate. Users must independently verify the accuracy and currency of the information found here http://zillow.mediaroom.com and its affiliates disclaims all liability for any loss or injury resulting from the use of the information or data found on this page.